LOS ANGELES, January 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Wonderful Company, a global company dedicated to health and happiness around the world, today announced that its newest class of Wonderful Community Grant recipients includes 32 nonprofit organizations in California Central Valley which will receive a total of $1.2 million in grants to help them pursue their missions and programs. Since its inception, the Wonderful Community Grants program has donated over $4 million to 57 organizations and 165 schools in the Central Valley.
The Wonderful Company invests over $30 million each year in community development, education, health and wellness initiatives in the Central Valley and beyond. The community grants program is central to the company’s ongoing Wonderful Neighbor commitment to supporting Central Valley communities and aims to inspire increased engagement with local and regional organizations.
“The goal of the Wonderful Community Grants program is to serve as a catalyst for change in the Central Valley, where our employees live and work,” said Andy Anzaldo, Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Social Responsibility at The Wonderful Company. “We are honored to support the missions of so many deserving and impactful organizations. It is only when we work together that we have the opportunity to create meaningful change in our communities.”
Grants directly support groundbreaking programs, with a focus on health and wellness, community beautification, family support, and COVID-19 recovery efforts in cities around the world. Avenal, Delano, Del Rey, Firebaugh, Mendota, Sanger, Shafterand Wasco. Nonprofit organizations and schools with a track record of producing tangible results and who demonstrated a clear community need were eligible to apply for funding.
“Our longstanding partnership with The Wonderful Company has become even more vital during this unprecedented time of need, and we are grateful for their continued support of the youth of Del Rey,” noted Diane CarbrayPresident of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Fresno County, recipient of a 2021 Community Grant. “This commitment to the educational opportunities we provide allows us to increase the number of children we serve by 50% over the next two years.”
“We are extremely grateful for the generous and timely support of The Wonderful Company,” said Dr. Jeannemarie Caris-McManus, MBA, PhD., CEO of Westside Family Preservation Services, another community grant recipient. “Thanks to their investment, we will have enough funds to establish a center in Mendota.”
Some of the 2021 grant recipients include:
- Central California Food Bank: Distribute free fresh produce to 22,440 people in Avenal.
- PS Arts: Provide visual art instructions and supply kits for 1,000 Avenal students from kindergarten to 5th grade.
- 746 Sports Foundation: Provide recreational and learning activities at summer camp to 150 children from kindergarten to grade 8 Delano, Shafterand Wasco.
- City of Delano: Replace the lights at Delano tennis courts so that court hours can be extended to increase play opportunities for the community.
- Boys and Girls Club of Del Rey: Offer after-school programs five days a week to children aged 6 to 18.
- Central Valley Scholars: Provide young people Del Rey, Firebaughand Sanger with the opportunity to participate in a leadership development program.
- Risk Adventure Challenge: Support Firebaugh students with a two-year outdoor and academic community leadership program.
- Valley Children’s Hospital: Improve the safe sleep of 300 families by Firebaughwith training sessions led by nurses and residents and game packs for participants.
- Teenagers Who Care: Train 500 students from grades 1 to 6 on general safety practices for cycling and scootering in Mendota and provide a helmet for each participant.
- Westside Family Preservation Services: Support the opening of a new centre, which will serve approximately 800 young people aged 10 to 24.
- Junior achievement of Northern California: Improving the financial literacy of middle and high school students Sanger with courses in economics and personal finance.
- Community Action Partnership of Kern: Distribute free fresh produce to thousands of people in Delano, Shafterand Wasco.
- Kern County Department of Social Services: Increase enrollment of eligible individuals in the CalFresh program by Delano, Shafterand Wasco.
- Kern County Library: Providing books, resources and literacy programs to 96,245 community members Wasco, Delanoand lost hillsas well as a sprinter van that will be converted into a library on wheels for outreach events.
For more information, please visit www.wonderfulcommunitygrants.com.
About Wonderful Community Grants
The Wonderful Company and its owners, Lynda and Stewart Resnickhave a long-standing commitment to investing in the communities their employees call home, especially in California Central Valley. In addition to the millions of dollars the Resnicks and The Wonderful Company invest each year in the Central Valley, the Wonderful Community Grants program provides critical funding to organizations that impact change throughout the region. Area nonprofits, local governments, schools, and faith-based organizations can apply for grants in the categories of Health and Wellness, Family Support, COVID-19 Recovery Efforts, and Community Support. community embellishment for amounts between $1,000 and $100,000. Funds are available for program development/expansion, innovation, technology and equipment. For more information on Wonderful Community Grants, go to www.wonderfulcommunitygrants.com.
About The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness worldwide. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, Wonderful POM®Marvellous® Pistachios, Wonderful® halos®Marvellous® Seedless Lemons, Teleflora®JUSTIN®JNSQ™ and Landmark® wines.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has heart health and giving back in its DNA. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.comor follow us on Facebook, Twitterand instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility Report, please visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
Show original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-wonderful-company-community-grants-program-directs-over-1-2-million-to-central-valley-nonprofits-and-schools-301467171. html
SOURCE The Wonderful Company